Now I commissioned this person for a 3/4 fursuit back in November of 2014. I was able to finish paying it off in January of 2015. When I ordered the suit I was quoted 4-5 months roughly.and they warned me it could take longer due to "custom" parts.
I messaged the maker about 1 once a month to see how it was going. I kept getting oh I'm having issues due to this part. And it was always the same part. Well my quoted date came and I asked how it was going and they said they where officially starting to work on the piece. This is 4-5 months later when they quoted to have it finished and they are only just starting it. That really annoyed me but I was like ok only another couple months then.
So I contact them about once a month again with the same response this one thing was holding them up. In the mean time I've seen them post up other commission pieces(which I just hoped they hadn't been ordered after me) as well as ones that they put up for bid.
Well about 3 months after already missing the original quoted time frame they tell me it should be done by the end of the next month, when I contacted them. Ok.
Well obviously it didn't get done well come September/October I finally ask for pictures (which I had requested at the beginning when I filled out their form)they told me they would have pictures for me and that the one item was still giving them issues
Well November hits I've seen no pictures still and I finally have a mini meltdown with the maker. They promised to get me the pictures but they had to rip everything off because of another item they needed to put on. I agreed and so my only pictures are of a head base.
In the mean time they have taken on newer commissions and completed them. Which really made me upset. But I really liked the maker and I don't want to cause them any trouble because they have never given me any reason to not trust them and all of their review have been awesome. But yea idk what to do. Last I talked to them they where sick and they promised me more pictures which they have still not delivered on. What do you all think I should do. I still want my suit and I still want to like the maker so that I can like the suit but I just don't know what to do to actually know I'm getting my suit and that I'm not being taken advantage of.
So I have decided to give the maker a final deadline of 3 months. That should be long enough to make my suit. I have also told the maker that if they don't have it made by the end of the 3 months then I want a full refund.
A few of you where wondering about my mini meltdown on the maker. Which wasn't really as bad as you all think it was me trying to calmly and correctly word how I felt to the maker for making me wait. The maker was nice enough and understand in their responce if not a little harsh sounding(but it could have just been their choice of words). The reason I ound reluctant to force a refund is more the fact that I personally don't like conflict. I will sit back and let people take advantage of me fore a while until I REALLY blow up. And I personally don't like myself when I blow up so I avoid it. I also have other experiences in real life that affected me in the past for this. It's strange because I'm the first to rip into someone if they are doing the same thing to a friend lol.
But like I said I have given them a deadline to meet one that is hopefully not to stressful on the maker and was reasonable. If they don't meet that deadline I requested a refund. If they don't refund me I will take them to court. I really don't want it to go that far but if I must I will. But I want to give them the chance first. As I stated I really like the person they are an AMAZING maker they are just not very good at the buisness aspect and all that jazz of this which is sad really.