silverinfinity (silverinfinity) wrote in artists_beware,
silverinfinity
silverinfinity
artists_beware

Artist MIA - Need advice?

Hi all,
I'm relatively new to this community but I could use some advice, as I'm also new to this commissioning business. I won't post a full beware yet, as I've given the artist a deadline that has not yet passed.
Basically, I started commissioning artists early this month to get gifts for someone. I found this artist with an adorable style that I loved, and commissioned them for a $7 chibi. This was on the 4th of Jan. I asked them what the approximate wait time was, but they read my note and didn't respond. Unsure what to do, I checked their journal where they said the wait time was 2 weeks for a chibi. I left it for 2 weeks. Once it hit two weeks, there had been nothing from the artist (no contact, no wip, no art), so I sent another note just politely asking how my commission was coming along and if things were okay on their end. No response, and not even read. I decided to give them another week, and at the 3 week mark I sent another message stating my concerns. I did keep it civil and polite. I told them that I don't mind of there's a delay for any reason, but I'd at least like to know what's going on, and that if they don't at least respond after a month (8th Feb), I'll be looking into getting a refund. So far it has not been read. They haven't been terribly active online, only posting some art 2 weeks ago, and haven't posted a journal saying why there might be delays. There's also no links on their profile to any other accounts, so I have no way to otherwise contact them. As soon as I paid, they stopped communicating with me, not even acknowledging my payment aside from putting my on their "paid" list.

Basically, I'm stumped. At this point I'd rather take my money and commission an artist with better communication. But at the same time, I feel silly making a fuss over $7.00 and should wait longer. But then again, I'd happily wait longer if they'd at least communicate with me. What should I do? Should I follow through with my deadline, or was that too rash of me and should I have waited longer?
Tags: advice for commissioners
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    Comments allowed for members only

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded 

  • 9 comments