?

Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Advice, Cancelling a Trade

Hello!

So A while back I was doing trades, where I was making fursuit parts, for computer parts in return.
In the agreement for the items (If they had them already), I would make the  item up until about 85% done, then they would ship the parts to me. (then I finish and ship to them)

This way I wasn't getting nothing for my work.

However one of the trades, for some feet paws and a tail, keeps delaying their end of the trade.
They told me they had the parts, and had them in a box and ready.
Well... I have their tail done, and their feet just need the finishing touches. But it's been delayed for... a Couple months now.

The whole point of this was to build a computer before my laptop died.
And with the constant delays (we bought a new w/d, we went to an amusement park, we took a vacation to another state) this is becoming a moot point, especially with PFDs (permanent fund dividends, an Alaskan thing) coming up.
I wanted to do this so people who can't afford parts, but have computer stuff lying around, could get some as well.

I do shipping for my job, I ship airplane models, rcs, etc. The last excuse I got was, "Shipping is too expensive"
Um... I can ship a whole rc Airplane for under $20
Not to mention the $40 out of pocket for pawpads

I'm paying shipping on my half of the trade.

I'm just wonder if by this point It would be best to cancel the trade and just sell the paws..

Community Tags:

Before commenting, please read our Community Rules.
Do not go after persons posted about here, by leaving comments on their art pages.
If you have been posted about, please read I've Been Posted on Artists_Beware, Now What?

Comments

( 11 comments — Leave a comment )
acosmicrose
Sep. 1st, 2014 10:20 pm (UTC)
If they keep delaying and making excuses it might be better to cancel the trade.
gatekat
Sep. 1st, 2014 10:21 pm (UTC)
Short answer: yes.
Tell them it's off and sell what you made to someone who will actually pay you for it.
mazz
Sep. 2nd, 2014 12:50 am (UTC)
I'd cancel and sell the fursuit parts at this point, if they can't just send out something they supposedly have in a box they're either lying or a huge flake.
teekchan
Sep. 2nd, 2014 01:20 am (UTC)
Cancel.

I had someone do this to me too, kept making delays over and over. I'm 99% sure they were hoping I'd do my half before getting theirs.
roxyfur
Sep. 2nd, 2014 01:23 am (UTC)
I'll echo the others. Cancel it. You have the right since they're dragging their feet and making excuses, and you can easily make a profit on the paws.
timelapsedecay
Sep. 2nd, 2014 06:18 am (UTC)
I would actually give them a deadline, and make it clear that if that passed and a tracking number hasn't been produced, the parts will be sold.
Sometimes things happen, but to be delaying this long? I don't think the other person is taking the trade OR your time very seriously, OP, and that's not cool in the least.
If it were me I'd probably make the deadline a tight one, as well. They've been delaying you long enough, and you could make an easy profit selling the pieces.
Good luck no matter what you do!

Edited to clarify vague language

Edited at 2014-09-02 06:19 am (UTC)
milingchi
Sep. 2nd, 2014 06:55 am (UTC)
Frankly I'd say they don't have the parts and hoping that'll you just send the stuff so they get it free. Cancel and sell the parts, at least the money will go to getting the parts (or other necessary things).

Edited at 2014-09-02 06:55 am (UTC)
tealmoonxiv
Sep. 2nd, 2014 06:36 pm (UTC)
I'd say cancel it. It sounds like they probably don't even have the parts.
ljmydayaway
Sep. 3rd, 2014 05:14 pm (UTC)
I'd cancel it solely over the "Shipping is too expensive!!" comment. Yes, shipping is expensive these days. You should have realized that when you agreed to the trade.

(I wouldn't judge them over what they're spending their free money on though, it's none of your business. You do have the right to be pissed that they're delaying it indefinitely though!)

Cancel it, sell the pawpads, wash your hands of the situation and order some parts from Newegg/Tiger Direct/Amazon/etc.
mochacorgi
Sep. 3rd, 2014 08:05 pm (UTC)
Well of course it's none of my concern. But these are the "Excuses" they are giving me themselves as to why not.

I am planning to do that, if they cannot meet their own deadline for this Friday, there isn't a point in continuing this trade. The PFDs this year are pretty large, enough for me to build my computer and have extra left over.
flyingfluff
Sep. 3rd, 2014 10:23 pm (UTC)
This.
( 11 comments — Leave a comment )

Profile

A_B icon
artists_beware
Commissioner & Artist, Warning & Kudos Community

Community Tags

Powered by LiveJournal.com