Advice -- politely cancel + ask for refund when it's difficult to get a hold of the artist?
Hi, A_B. I'll cut right to the chase: I contacted an artist for a commission in 2013, and the details were worked out July 14 (2013), which was when payment was sent to the artist. I didn't hear or see anything from the artist for a while, so I contacted them again on January 31 (2014); they got back to me on February 7 and said they'd forgotten and offered a refund and other things, as well as offering to finish it within a month; and that was totally fine with me. I responded saying I didn't need a refund or any of the other things they offered, just the finished image would be perfect.
They haven't clicked on that note, but they have uploaded other things to their account since I sent it. I'm starting to get an inkling of bad vibes here; it would be easier on both of us if I canceled it, right? Am I being too impatient, or should I try a little harder to get the artist's attention? I understand a lot of artists who do commissions are very busy and get a lot of notes/messages/emails, but the lack of communication is making me nervous. Is it worth trying to cancel and ask for a refund at this point, or is this just something I should go ahead and chalk up as a loss and move on?