Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

I need advice on this. I'm not sure what to do.

I have a customer who paid me for a bodysuit two years ago. I have consistently asked for measurements in order to make the suit, but they haven't gotten back to me. Contact is sporadic via skype and email. Half the time my emails bounce. They always say they don't want to take the measurements on their own and that they feel unsure about the process. I've given them really detailed instructions as well as a measurement chart and example images. They confirmed receiving that email.

I've offered a refund, but they don't want one--plus I have the matching fur which is hard to find nowadays. What to do? As some on this community might remember, I have previous bewares (now resolved) due to lost contact because of my depression. I don't want to keep waiting and then get depressed again and be unable to complete the work when they do provide measurements.

I want to be as responsible as possible and prevent future slip-ups. I've stopped taking commissions, but having this bodysuit on my list is holding me back from being able to devote my time and space to other (personal) projects. 

Community Tags:

Artist's beware has moved!
Do NOT repost your old bewares. They are being archived.


(Deleted comment)
Jan. 9th, 2014 09:45 pm (UTC)
I agree with this. Even if you get the measurements, what are you going to do when you need approval from them? And anything else answered? You may well end up waiting another two years.
Jan. 9th, 2014 11:21 pm (UTC)
This. Two years just for measurements is absolutely ridiculous. That's the whole point of ordering a custom-fitted anything. If you don't have measurements in hand when you commission someone, or if you can't come up with them very shortly after (or make a DTD or SOMETHING), then frankly you don't have any business buying a custom fursuit.

That plus the difficult communication... I'd just drop them a note that you're sorry, but you won't be able to continue business with them, and refund them.
Jan. 10th, 2014 04:08 am (UTC)
I agree with this. Two years, horrid communication? Refund them.

OR if you feel the need to give them an option its going to be one of the two:

A) Full refund
B) Partial refund + supplies

They have a week (maybe two) to make a final decision, or you'll proceed with the option you choose FOR them. And you will not budge on this, because you're not a bank or a storage unit, being forced to sit on this project because they're not "ready" is fifty shades of unfair to you, the maker.


A_B icon
Commissioner & Artist, Warning & Kudos Community
Artists Beware

Community Tags

Powered by LiveJournal.com