Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Insistent disappearing customer

More of an opinion post at the moment. Back in June/July I posted a suit for sale that was made quickly to cover a medical bill. Start was a very low $400 with a buy-it-now option of $600 plus the upgrade to a partial. I get a previous client offering to bid for a friend of hers who doesn't have an account and I go with it as she had been really good in the past. She does the BIN, ending the auction at an even $600.

Auction ends, the friend gets in contact with me and puts in a down payment. Month goes by and the payments trickled in at low increments of $35-$50. During this time I request measurements of their arms as well as a hard copy of a hand tracing so I can make the hands, arms, and tail with plans on having it done and to the buyer by Halloween.

The payments get to around $280 when I get an email roughly middle/end of August requesting an update on ho much they owe. I respond on September 3rd with the amount. Sept. rolls on by and Halloween is quickly approaching. I shoot them another email in October, a repeat of the September email plus an additional request for the measurements and hand tracing. This too goes unanswered. Halloween passes and I send them 3 more emails trying to get any contact, going off of the only email I know (as no FA/DA was known at the time), the third being my ultimatum email requesting he responds within 5 days or the auction sale is cancelled and all funds paid is refunded. 5 days breeze by and no response.

Early November now and about a week after the ultimatum email passed I decided to try my past client to see if she could get a hold of the buyer. Not long after I get an FA note from the buyer saying no emails were ever received and declined my offer to show screen shots. Told them about the emails I sent, the price still owed, and the ultimatum and how I feel I would rather refund them, asking for their current Paypal to do so. They insist they still want the suit and can pay at the beginning of December, saying there was a medical bill and a few other things. I point out that I still have not received the measurements, etc. and just want the suit gone, even offering to drop the partial pieces, bringing the price down to just $120 owed. That offer is declined.

It's now December 12, yet a month has passed again with no contact or payment. I'm to the point I just want this stupid thing gone or to tear it apart and make a whole new head. I don't know if they are avoiding due to not being able to pay, just super busy, or whatever, but we are going on 6 months with very little contact. Do I just send the $280 paid and do whatever? Or should I push a bit more? Nice guy, has been polite during it all and I understand the struggles that bills can be, but even just a "hey, I'm alive, I'm a little tight right now" would even do for me, but just leaving me hanging this long is starting to get on my nerves.

Community Tags:

Artist's beware has moved!
Do NOT repost your old bewares. They are being archived.


( 6 comments — Leave a comment )
Dec. 12th, 2013 09:52 pm (UTC)
They were ignoring you IMHO. And probably would have kept on doing it if you hadn't gone through the mutual contact. On top of that, they haven't been paying you for over two months, just promises OF it? No. Nuh uh.

If you want to, you can give them one final ultimatum that they need to pay you either a significant amount of the final total, or pay it off completely, as well as deliver measurements so you can finish their suit or else they WILL be refunded, no questions asked and you won't be entertaining any attempts to stall (as its not your fault they're having money problems, and it was their choice to ignore you), or allow them to buy from you anymore.

Its not fair to you to have to sit on your hands while this so-called client flakes.
Dec. 12th, 2013 10:09 pm (UTC)
I'd call it quits and refund the money. There's at least three deadlines that have been missed (Halloween, your original ultimatum, and 'beginning of December'), and they can't provide even a basic thing like measurements after 6 months and multiple inquiries.
(no subject) - fenris_lorsrai - Dec. 12th, 2013 10:46 pm (UTC) - Expand
Dec. 13th, 2013 06:51 am (UTC)
Add another vote for cancelling, refunding, and relisting.
Dec. 13th, 2013 11:01 pm (UTC)
Agreeing with above. I doubt the intend to finish paying it off in a reasonable time frame.
Dec. 14th, 2013 12:49 am (UTC)
I'm agreeing with everyone else. Trying to contact to give one final ultimatum just to make it fair for everyone but it seems the FB linked to his FA is very much inactive, FA is down, and the email is unresponsive :/
( 6 comments — Leave a comment )


A_B icon
Commissioner & Artist, Warning & Kudos Community
Artists Beware

Community Tags

Powered by LiveJournal.com