FOR THE PROTECTION OF THE ARTIST, FOR NOW, I WILL JUST SAY "ARTIST" BECAUSE I'M NOT SURE IF I WANT TO POST A BEWARE OR NOT.
Okay...so there is an artist that I've adored since I started getting into online art-looking...and said artist recently came back after years of absence, so of course I started stalking that artist! I have been struggling with a ref sketch I did of my fursona and had been watching the artist on a livestream type site. I asked for their opinion of anatomy and coloring, because I have always been IN LOVE with the coloring style of this artist. That being said, the artist offered to color and touch up on the anatomy of my picture for $15!! It was like a dream come freaking true!! And maybe I should have realized that from the start.
So, knowing that
1) it is a $15 commission
2) the artist has a lot of health issues
3) I know it takes awhile to do great art in general
4) did I mention it was only a $15 commission?
I knew it would take awhile. But the thing is, I paid the artist on Dec 9, 2012. We kept up for awhile, I'd go and watch the artist draw when I was able, and all was honkey dory. To make things easier, I was even willing to change my character's hair design because, despite the fact that I wanted it a certain way, I had waited so long on things to progress (and they progressed quickly at first, then came to a screeching hault) that I was willing to do whatever just to get things moving along. Even though I really really didn't want to have to change my character design for a commission I paid for ($15 or not). So whatever, we decided on that....then apparently the artist flattened the image??? I get that. I understand things happen. But the artist did that 3 months ago...and I haven't seen any progress since. I haven't heard from the artist in 3 months. And I've sent numerous messages on both the artist's FA and tumblr. And I know they've been on it since then...but still no answer. All I want is a screen shot, or to be told they can't do it and refund. But how long do I need to wait before getting more upset?? I've been very patient, understanding, and tried not to be too pushy. But today I finally asked if there would be any update, or if we should talk about a refund.
I REALLY REALLY REALLY don't want to have to post an artist-beware, but I saw on their FA where someone else had noted that their lack of correspondence was becoming a worry. I love this artist, and I always have, and I'd hate to be the one to be targeted for calling them out...but when do I say enough is enough?