Hi AB, looking for some advice before I escalate to a full beware.
In August, I commissioned someone for a resin base to be used in a fursuit head - the base was to be made to be fur-ready and cost me £90.
The transaction started over FB and all communication took place there. At the start, the builder kept in good contact; we had conversations regarding different aspects of building a head; she provided lots of links to supplies etc and it was generally quite friendly.
In December, I asked if she knew how long a wait I'd have left - I was hoping to have the head fully done for a convention in April but I never stated a deadline so I am to blame for that (first commission of this nature and was naive and didn't think that it would take as long as it is). She explained that a full suit had taken priority over everything due to the clients deadline and I told her that I understood and that I was in no rush (again, silly thing to say, I know).
That was the last contact I have had with the builder. I have sent PM's over FB as well as to her FA account - all have been read but none have been replied to. She provided an email contact too which I have emailed and gotten no reply there too.
I have been shown updates of my head and was told in December there was only minor details left to finish however the builder seems to have time to make new resin casts/bases/suits but not finish mine first.
She posted a few journals RE real-life drama and having very little means of communication at the present. I accepted that excuse 3 weeks ago however, as of 3 days ago, she has been uploading video streams of a new suit she is working on as well as favouriting art -If her communication is so restricted, how come she can stream videos and favourite but cannot take 30 seconds to reply to a PM. Another commissioner has also posted on her shouts asking whats happening with their commission too and there is a wall post on her FB from another person regarding commissions.
I'm not sure where to proceed from here - It's too late to file a paypal dispute and getting a refund isn't feasable if I can't even get a simple response out of her. We're both attending the same convention in 4 weeks and short of marching up to her artist-alley stall and demanding either my head or a refund, I'm at a loss of what to do.
I know I am in somepart to blame for it getting to this stage - I should have requested a deadline and been more pushy but I was naive and thought that since we were both members of the same local Cosplay group and were somewhat friends that things would much more smoothly than they have - I've learned a lesson not to be so trusting when large sums of money are involved.
Any advice would be very much appreciated
EDIT - commissioner contacted me and I will have my item within a week