I am sad that my business with an artist has come to this. I will admit, I should have typed this up much sooner, but I've been pretty busy up until now (which I'll get to later).
WHO: Kipper (on FA), kipper_snax
WHAT: Digital badge
- November 5, 2011: I paid $20 down payment for the badge
- November 12, 2011: I watch Kipper draw my badge during a Livestream (video has since been deleted).
- November 14, 2011: Last $20 payment made.
- (No contact from Kipper. I'm busy with last year of college.)
- May 3, 2012: Noticing donation stream journals on his page (http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/3419122/), I PM Kipper about the status of my badge. He responds asking if I want a PSD or PNG file. (I thought he would print out the badge himself, but I'm capable of doing that on my own--I just want what I paid for.) I respond that I'll take a PNG, as I don't have PhotoShop. No response.
- July 1, 2012: PM Kipper again since I haven't received the badge file yet. No response.
- July 19, 2012: PM Kipper again since I haven't received the badge file yet. No response.
- August 24, 2012: After Kipper posts about taking commissions for "emergency money" (http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/3773443/), I PM about my badge. No response.
This is the PayPal history showing my payments.
This is Kipper's note to me indicating he's ready to start drawing in his stream.
This is Kipper's last response to me, about what file type I want.
These are the last three PMs I sent to Kipper that went unanswered. NOTE: The "sketch" refers to a donation sketch in December 2011. Kipper hadn't sent the file for that, either. I was able to find it on his Flickr page, and I mentioned that to him. He still didn't respond about it.
This is what my FA Outbox currently looks like; the black boxes are PMs to others. As you can see, all the PMs to Kipper are not bolded, which, I believe, means that he has read them.
EXPLAIN: As I mentioned before, I was busy with college, along with work and family junk. So, maybe some of that is my fault for not following with Kipper as much as I should have. I also gave him a sort of a pass when he posted vent art (http://www.furaffinity.net/view/8042000/) where he rants, "just[sic] wonder what I'm doing here sometimes...and Im[sic] kinda losing the drive for it." Still, now that's he up and taking commissions again...I don't know what the hold-up is to just send a file. I mean, it's pretty much done from what he did in the Livestream...
I don't know what else to do. It's way too late to request the money back from PayPal, although the Help pages do say I can still report anyway, so that the negative feedback is reflected on their profile. However, the 1st payment mentions "FurAffinity" in the notes (although the 2nd one does not), and I don't want Kipper's account to be suspended if I bring it up.
All I can say at this point is...it'll be awkward should I run into him at RainFurrest...
I hope I did this right. Thank you for listening