WHERE: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/doctori-lightning/ http://myfur.net/profile/Baroo
EXPLAIN: After putting down non-refundable deposit on a fursuit head commission, Baroo can't decide if he wants to proceed with the order or not. He has cancelled and un-cancelled with me multiple times during this entire transaction and finally sent me a note saying I was " not being slightest bit understanding about this. If you are going to make me wait almost a year for a fursuit head then at least lower the final price or purchase materials to show you are serious about providing your client with the most satisfying service as soon as you are able to."
I'm honestly baffled and very disappointed that this had to happen. I've done hundreds of art commissions and over 10 suit commissions never had anyone lash out so negatively.
May 26- I receive a 20% deposit of $90 via PayPal and confirm that he has been scheduled for October 2011 completion in time for Halloween.
July11-Baroo contacts me that he might have another head commission opportunity for a cheaper price and asks if the deposit is refundable. I tell him unfortunately not but to let me know of his final decision before the end of the week so I can reschedule my Fall 2011 work queue if needed.
July 13- Baroo officially backs out of the commission and asks for a refund, despite the fact I had already informed him that the deposit was non-refundable. However I told him I was willing to work out an art/fursuit part exchange that totaled $90. He expresses interest and asks for a list of prices which I give him a link for. I take him off the work queue and schedule in another commissioner who wanted fursuit parts from me.
July 14- Baroo changes his mind and decides to get the head commission but wants to pay “ just pay very VERY slowly”. I tell him no problem, I can reschedule him for January 2012 which works well for his budget and since I only deliver completed suits when they have been paid in full.
July 14- Same day, Baroo sends me a My Fur message asking how much I charged for handpaws and for illustration art combos. I’m rather confused at this point since he cancelled with me, wanted the commission again, and now wants to go through with the trade/exchange? I roll with it and tell him to choose what he wants and I’ll give him confirm the price.
July 25- Baroo sends me a FA note saying he wants the fursuit head commission. I tell him fine, but I have to rescind the exception I made regarding the art/fursuit for deposit trade if he decides to cancel with me again.
July 27- Baroo contacts me regarding a conbadge commission. This is somewhat not relevant to the A_B post, since the transaction took place with no problem and the art was delivered.
July 30- Baroo asks if the commission can be done earlier if he pays me more money. I remind him that Oct is already taken and if his financial situation hasn’t changed, I didn’t suggest changing the Jan 2012 deadline.
July 31- I get this note. I recap the situation and inform him to reconsider what his note means and request for him to be patient. He sends me this response and an hour later he says he sends another note saying he still wants the fursuit head.
In my reply, I tell him that I did not want to do business with him and will be refunding his $90 deposit and posting on A_B.
Fellow artists, please be careful when dealing with this individual.