Just A Little Mixed Up
WHERE: Discord and Telegram
WHAT: Eight flat pinups.
WHEN: February 2018 to October 2018
EXPLAIN: Asked to buy 8 pieces in a discord we both shared. Was given an invoice, and gave her payments to the invoice(1) for the images she completed as she did them. First went pretty quick, the next one took a month, and the latest was not received until August. Between the second and third, she claimed she needed to get money together to move, and my response to that was to finish paying off the invoice completely. I also attempted to try to make the investment easier to handle by suggesting we switched out things, which is why I talked about getting a ref sheet instead of the last four pinups in the log. At the time I wanted to at least get something for the money I put down, and asking for a refund was the last resort.
After that I waited a month assuming it would take that long, without response, until the artist asked for email communications in reply to an inquiry on telegram that I had sent her(2), which threw me off since we had been working through telegram for the majority of the work. I inquired about it, but complied and resent her the material she needed for the work to be done.
Another month later (and three days ago) I tried getting in contact with her again, with no response.(3) After asking a mutual friend I learned that she's been refusing contact under claim that she will only respond to email. I was frankly, tired of my investment going nowhere so I sent an email asking for a refund for the 5 pieces that were never started. As of this post I have yet to receive any compensation, not even a reply.(4)
Under the artist's ToS, linked here, the artist is responsible for keeping open communications to the best of her ability. This has unfortunately been broken seeing as she's still working on commissions while ignoring my inquiries, and with no faith that I will ever get a refund, I am washing my hands of this.
UPDATE: I've sent another email, essentially saying if she can't pay in lump sum to reply back so we can make arrangements. Like I said before, I don't have any faith that I'm gonna have a response, or my money back, so after a week I'm gonna be attempting chargebacks.
UPDATE 2: Breaking a bit of a professional tone with this but I've been getting wind of people telling me about the artist DMing everyone around them about this entry. I believe this is probably gonna turn out pretty horrid in terms of drama outside you guys' journal community thing so I'm just gonna point out that anything I hear I'm going to log for future reference, especially if it ends up bleeding into this entry. I'm here for a business transaction, not furry drama.
I respect the staff and people here and I would like to keep things purely business, as it should be.