You are viewing artists_beware

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Furbuy Advise.

Seem like I've been having a strain of bad luck.

I won a auction from Furbuy about close to a month ago, May 13th. It was a pre-owned fursuit head.

Didn't meet the reserve price but I was really after this head, I contacted the seller to see if we can meet at a price. We did, the seller told me he could have it shipped out when the payment was sent, during our conversation they told me they were out of the country and would send it when they got back by the 25th. Not a problem. So I sent the payment on the 19th.

I waited till about the 29th to ask if he had sent it, asking for a tracking number. Got a response saying some personal things happened and would be shipped the next say and providing a TN. I understood and was okay with it.

The 29th has been the last I've heard from them and I'm beginning to feel nervous. I sent another email asking for an update but no reply, I've looked on their FA to see if I can get a hold of them any other way and was left with a dead end. I've spent 380 and don't want to go past the 45 day mark for paypal.

Should I email again? When would it be okay to do a charge back? I would think the head should be here by now if they shipped it.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Edit*
Filed dispute. Now have to wait and see if they respond with a TN. Thanks everyone for your advise!

6/24/2014*
I have won the claim and will be getting my refund. But found some concerning things about this seller.

Community Tags:

Before commenting, please read our Community Rules.
Do not go after persons posted about here, by leaving comments on their art pages.
If you have been posted about, please read I've Been Posted on Artists_Beware, Now What?

Comments

( 11 comments — Leave a comment )
oceandezignz
Jun. 13th, 2014 01:09 am (UTC)
Ideally, if you've send several emails with no response and no TN; you're better off just raising the red flag through Paypal. THEY can force the seller to fork over a legit tracking number, and if not; you'll likely get your money back.

So the sooner, the better.
cathzcathz
Jun. 13th, 2014 01:38 am (UTC)
Seems like it to me, I even got real excited and began the process of getting some paws made already. I'll call paypal tomorrow.

Thank you so much for your input.

Should I bring it up with furbuy and make a A_B?

Edited for adding question above^*

Edited at 2014-06-13 01:43 am (UTC)
oceandezignz
Jun. 13th, 2014 01:45 am (UTC)
It was hard to ascertain from your post if the sale was completed through FurBuy or not; if so then go ahead and raise a flag with them as well. I would think that one likes to keep a sale shirker on their site after all.

Beware wise; see how this portion of the story plays out first.
cathzcathz
Jun. 13th, 2014 01:51 am (UTC)
I didn't meet the reserve price so we talked over email about the price and the transition went through that. So guessing don't bother with notifying Furbuy?

Really sorry for asking so many questions, all this has been giving me a lot of anxiety.
trentxandrew
Jun. 13th, 2014 01:52 am (UTC)
If I were you, I'd go ahead with the Paypal dispute. It's been 2 weeks with no response and no tracking number. There's no reason for them to ignore you.
cathzcathz
Jun. 13th, 2014 02:07 am (UTC)
I was reluctant to do it sooner but I wanted to give them a bit of a chance to see if they did send it.
celestinaketzia
Jun. 13th, 2014 02:53 am (UTC)
Firstly, you can open up a dispute on Paypal. It doesn't take the money away from the seller until you escalate it to a claim. A dispute gives them time to respond to you, and to provide a valid tracking number. If after a few days they don't respond to the dispute, push it to a claim and let Paypal handle it.
cathzcathz
Jun. 13th, 2014 07:59 am (UTC)
I've never done this before, would Paypal give an estimate date when to file the claim?
celestinaketzia
Jun. 13th, 2014 11:19 am (UTC)
You have 20 days from the day you put the dispute up to escalate it to a claim. You can call Paypal and one of their reps can better advise you. They are far more helpful when you do!
dawnofraziel
Jun. 15th, 2014 04:39 am (UTC)
You did the right thing...
If they aren't communicating, you had no choice. You can always refund the money back to them if your item ever shows up, but for now, there is no reason you should risk losing your money.
cathzcathz
Jun. 15th, 2014 05:44 am (UTC)
Re: You did the right thing...
At this point I've been too stressed and have lost interest in the head. Even though I've wanted it when it was first made.

I'm in the process of getting paws for it done, won't be able to use them now having no fursuit head.
( 11 comments — Leave a comment )

Profile

A_B icon
artists_beware
Commissioner & Artist, Warning & Kudos Community

Community Tags

Powered by LiveJournal.com